Through member engagement we ensure a collective voice across the sector is identified. Through lobbying we ensure that voice is heard.
- UK Music exists to guide policy makers towards decision-making in the best interests of our sector and the best collective interests of our membership, now and for the future.
- UK Music represents and promotes the interests of every part of the British music industry.
- UK Music publishes research on the economic value of the music industry to the UK economy in our Music By Numbers report and its predecessor reports Measuring Music and Wish You Were Here.
- UK Music works to ensure that the copyright, which underpins music, is recognised and valued at all levels of Government, throughout the wider economy and by consumers.
- UK Music runs the Secretariat for the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Music.
- UK Music runs a Skills Academy to boost the music industry’s talent pipeline that includes the Music Academic Partnership, careers advice and apprenticeship development and support.
- UK Music represents its members through lobbying, education and research work.